1ST BOOK ON CODING FOR PRIMARY SCHOOLS.March 12, 2018
1st Coding Competition for Primary and Secondary Schools in PHFebruary 27, 2019
“Coding is the new literacy. To thrive in tomorrow’s society, young people must learn to design, create and express themselves with digital technologies,”
Mitchel Resnick, media arts and sciences professor at the MIT Media Lab.
Coding helps kids develop academic skills, build qualities like perseverance and organization, and gain valuable 21st century skills that can even translate into a career.
From the TeenCoders’ #CodingForSchools curriculum
, here are the top 10 reasons your pupils should learn to code:
CODING IMPROVES ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE
1. Math/Numeracy: Coding helps kids visualize abstract concepts, lets them apply math to real-world situations, and makes math fun and creative!
2. Writing: Kids who code understand the value of concision and planning, which results in better writing skills. Many kids even use our Scratch 2D Animation course as a medium for storytelling!
3. Creativity: Kids learn through experimentation and strengthen their brains when they code, allowing them to embrace their creativity.
4. Confidence: Parents enthusiastically report that they’ve noticed their kids’ confidence building as they learn to problem-solve through coding!
CODING BUILDS SOFT SKILLS
5. Focus and Organization: As they write more complicated codes, kids naturally develop better focus and organization.
6. Resilience: With coding comes debugging – and there’s no better way to build perseverance and resilience than working through challenges!
7. Communication: Coding teaches logical communication, strengthening both verbal and written skills. Think about it: learning code means learning a new language!
CODING PAVES A PATH TO THE FUTURE
8. Empowerment: Kids are empowered to make a difference when they code – we’ve seen Teen-Coders use the platform to spread messages of tolerance and kindness!
9. Life Skills: Coding is a basic literacy in the digital age, and it’s important for kids to understand – and be able to innovate with – the technology around them.
10. Career Preparation: There’s a high demand for workers in the tech industry; mastering coding at a young age allows kids to excel in any field they choose!
TeenCoders makes it fun and easy for kids to learn how to code! Kids start with KEA, Scratch, LOGO, Minecraft, Kodu, AppInventor’s visual blocks to begin learning programming basics, then graduate to written programming languages like Python, HTML, CSS, and Java.
Our guided courses, puzzles, projects and more ensure that every child will find something that ignites their passion for learning.
Contact us for a presentation and get your pupils started coding today! Ms. Chinyere 08039558839.